Fried Rice チャーハン (Chahan) is a delicious Chinese dish that is also very popular in Japan. With the aroma of sesame seeds, minced garlic, and green onions (scallions), it brings a new life to your overnight cooked rice within 5-10 minutes of cooking time! BBQ Pork is a great choice in fried rice, but feel free to use ham, chicken, or shrimp. (Read How To Cook Fried Rice Tips at the foot of the article).
Ingredients List (Servings: 1-2)
- 1/2 pound BBQ Pork, ham, chicken, or shrimp. (diced)
- 2 stalks green onion (separate white from green parts)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- a pinch of sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Non-stick pan with lid
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Spatula (wood or silicon)
- Make sure the rice grain is separated before combining with other ingredients.
- If rice was refrigerated overnight, bring them back to room temperature by leaving it out 1 hour before hand or simply microwave (for 30 seconds to a minute) it before cooking.
- Avoid using a metal spatula! Or else you will scratch your pan!
- Maintain heating to medium or medium-low. Cooking minced garlic is easily burn in the beginning.